Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ancient Future



Organic echos from the past to the future. No I'm not going to bling up the copper. The patina is in perfect contrast to the vivaciousness of the stones. These vibrant chunks of magnesite are from Turquoise Magpie's.


Even though I live 20 minutes from downtown Los Angeles (and you can find everything in the garment district of L.A.) I also buy from Szarka's Magpie on-line store. Okay I'm addicted. The regular updates, beautiful images, excellent customer service (they called me to get the correct mailing address), speedy delivery, and affordable prices, fuel my addiction. It makes me feel very special to received the lovely little parcels in the post and I know I'm going to get exactly what I requested.

It's summer and I'm wearing these adornments to a summer night concert under the stars at the Levitt Pavilion (Pasadena, CA) enjoying "Vive Bazil." The music, the dancing, the crowd, we are all trying to find what is next in this world of seismographic change. Vive Brazil and these copper and magesite adornments remind me to remember the past as I live in the present and look to the future.

No comments: